Myritebook understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our websites, myritebook.com and subdomains of these website, and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Our Sites are owned and operated by myritebook.com.
You can contact us via [email protected].
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation(the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
We would like to inform you of (i) the general categories of personal data that we may process, (ii) the purposes for which we may process personal data, and (iii) the legal bases of the processing.
We may process:
1. Data about your use of Our Sites usage data. The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is Google Analytics, our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving Our Sites.
2. Your account data account data. The account data may include your name, email address and IP address. The source of the account data is you or your employer. The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of Our Sites, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you (or your employer) and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
3. Your social media profile picture or your email gravatar profile data to make your experience more personal. The profile data will be collected from the email or social media account you sign up with and will solely be used to display on your personal account. The profile data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of Our Sites, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you (or your employer) and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
4. Information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services enquiry data. The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is legitimate interests, namely offering services to relevant potential customers.
5. Information relating to our customer relationships, including customer contact information customer relationship data. The customer relationship data may include your name, your employer, your IP address, your job title or role, your contact details, and information contained in communications between us and you or your employer. The customer relationship data may be processed for the purposes of managing our relationships with customers, communicating with customers, keeping records of those communications and promoting our products and services to customers. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you (or your employer) and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
6. Information relating to transactions, including obtaining free or paid eBooks, that you enter into with us and/or through Our Sites transaction data. The transaction data may include your contact details, your debit or credit card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the eBooks and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of Our Sites and business.
7. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters notification data. The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
8. Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us correspondence data. The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our Sites will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users.
9. Your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice and the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks and the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this section, we may also process your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Please do not supply any other person's personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
Please note that Our Sites and services are targeted at persons over the age of 18. If we have reason to believe that we hold personal data of a person under that age in our databases, we will delete that personal data.
Nothing evil, we promise. If you have consented to receiving updates and promotions from us, we will send you a regular newsletter with free content and might email you once in a while with some Myritebook promotions. These emails can sometimes be automated and customised based on your web behaviour, your job title and interests.
If you happen to be part of the target audience for our premium services we might also send you an email or give you a call about this.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods:
Up to three years after your last activity on our website or interaction with one of our emails.
In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on whether your qualify as a potential user of our services or reader of our eBooks.
Notwithstanding the other provisions in this section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
You may access Our Sites without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Sites you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
Our Sites use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Websites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
When you use the Sites, we may employ “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be immediately posted on Our Sites. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.